Hello and Welcome to GrowerExperts.com
GrowerExperts was created to provide a helpful resource for novice crop farmers seeking further information about crop farming which they may not have access to. I have written articles on the various crops I grow and the machinery used to grow them. I try to write the articles so they can be a benefit to all experience levels.
The main root crops grown are potatoes and swedes, we also grow cereal crops such as barley, oats and wheat. The main forage crop is silage and if the weather permits we make hay. The tractors used range from a modern large New Holland to a 1947 vintage Fordson.
A lot of things are made and/or fixed in the workshop regularly, some work and some are thrown into the nettles.
- Getting Homemade Meal Into A New Bin
- The Fordson Tractor: Revolutionising British Farming
- Soil Testing for Grassland Management
- Maximizing Crop Yields: The Role of Precision Agriculture
- What Is A Crawler Tractor? the history and operation of an invaluable machine
- The In-Depth History of Ransomes, Sims & Jefferies: A Legacy in Agricultural Machinery