Since fitting the new copper cylinder head gasket to the Ferguson engine we noticed the tapets on the cylinder head needed to be adjusted. We looked up what the clearance needed to be and got them all set using a set of feeler gauges. The tractor starts easier and runs much smoother now.
The tractor has been rebuilt with its bonnet, “cyclops light” and side markers – although we have it removed in the picture to fit a new bulb and give it a clean.
We replaced the battery cables with heavier ones as we noticed they got hot quite quickly.
Harry has fitted a ploughing light to the rear mudguard – he must be getting ready to do a serious bit of late night ploughing with the two furrow plough!